Thursday, October 13, 2011

[let it rain]


I always thought that the saying, “Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; its about dancing in the rain,” was really lame and super cliché.  Today, however, my mind was changed.  I still don’t like the quote, but I learned that it’s more the principle of the matter. 

Soon after I returned to my apartment after a ridiculously long day, it began to rain.  The water fell slowly at first, and the fresh smell of rain seeped into my nostrils.  It didn’t take long until myself and three other girls jumped on the opportunity to run around and dance in the rain.  As we let the fat water droplets soak our clothes and smear our makeup, flashes of lightning began to streak across the sky, followed by what seemed like sonic booms of thunder.  The raindrops began to fall faster and with more force, soaking every inch of our bodies and clothing.  Before we knew it, we finally began to comprehend why these months are known as “monsoon season.”  Today, the rain was something I needed.  It was beautiful and it was powerful and it made me feel so alive. 

 It should be noted, however, that this was some serious rain.  Really though.  It was a monsoon.  Streets were completely flooded to the point where cars couldn't drive and people were walking in puddles past their knees.  I think I can really learn to love monsoon season! 

No comments:

Post a Comment